Metro ExpressMake travel time more productive… or just relax in our reclining seats!
CHANGES TO METRO EXPRESS ROUTE DURING SUPER BOWL
The Metro Express will be operating a limited schedule with several stops being omitted or altered beginning January 15, 2018 – February 6, 2018.
THE METRO EXPRESS WILL NOT OPERATE AFTER 7:00PM ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2018 – SUNDAY FEBRUARY 4, 2018
Listed below are the dates and stops that will be altered:
- January 15 – February 7, 2018: No Downtown Minneapolis Stop (8th Street is closed)
- January 31- February 6, 2018: No MSP Int’l Airport Drop Off/Pick Up. The Metro Express will be using the BLOOMINGTON CENTRAL LIGHT RAIL STATION as an alternative to the Airport. Passengers can take the light rail from this station to either Terminal 1 or Terminal 2. We have discounted the Metro Express ticket price to account for the light rail fee into the airport.
- THE METRO EXPRESS WILL NOT OPERATE AFTER 7:00PM ON FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 2, 2018 – SUNDAY FEBRUARY 4, 2018.
CLICK ON ANY BUTTON BELOW TO SEE OUR SCHEDULE FOR THE DATES LISTED
All About Metro Express – Call 888-748-9634 (TOLL FREE)
Daily route service from Northfield to Minneapolis and St. Paul. Visit the Mall of America, University of Minnesota, Downtown Minneapolis, MSP Int’l Airport and more! The Metro Express operates 365 days a year. Whether you are commuting every day or just need a ride to the airport, the Metro Express will get you there safely. Make travel time productive time or just relax and leave the driving to us. We are the DRIVE behind Worry Free Travel. Click on “Purchase Metro Express Tickets” to reserve your seat on the Metro Express.
All Northfield Lines/Northfield Metro EXPRESS tickets are NON REFUNDABLE. Passengers can present their E-Tickets using a mobile device or tablet or present their printed tickets. Please have a valid photo ID available. Times listed on our schedules and tickets are the DEPARTURE times. Please be at your stop 5-10 minutes prior to these times. Tickets are date and time specific. You must travel on the exact dates purchased from the exact locations purchased. You must present an ID along with your E-ticket in order to board the bus. FLIGHT DELAYS/CANCELLATIONS (ARRIVAL ONLY)– if your flight is delayed, you can use your existing ticket for the next available transfer (no need to contact office regarding the delay). TICKET CHANGES can be made for $5.00 fee. To change your ticket, contact us Monday-Friday during the hours of 8:00am – 5:00pm CST.
PASSENGERS REQUIRING A WHEEL CHAIR LIFT VEHICLE: You will need to call our office 48 BUSINESS HOURS in advance to reserve your ticket.
PASSENGERS WANTING TO BRING A BICYCLE: Tickets must be reserved online 48 BUSINESS HOURS in advance to reserve your ticket.
Northfield Lines will not be responsible for delays caused by breakdowns, road conditions, weather, or other conditions beyond the carriers’ control.
Tickets are non-transferable and, if presented for transportation by any person other than the one for whom originally purchased, will be void and printed tickets may be confiscated by a Northfield Lines agent or authorized employee of any bus carrier over which the ticket is issued.
Northfield Lines is not responsible for Tickets that are undeliverable, not received, or delivered to incorrect addresses due to inaccurate delivery information provided by customer, including physical and e-mail addresses.
Each passenger is allowed 1 carry-on and a MAXIMUM of 3 checked bags.
1st Checked Bag – FREE
2nd Checked Bag – $10
3rd Checked Bag – $20
MSP Int’l Airport Information – Terminal 1 Only:
NEW LOCATION- PLEASE READ!
The Metro Express services the MSP Int’l Airport at TERMINAL 1 only. The bus pick up and drop off is located in the CHARTER BUS Transit Center. To get to the CHARTER BUS Transit Center, follow the signs to the Ground Transportation Center (1 level below baggage claim). Follow the signs to GREEN RAMP/TAXIS/CHARTER BUSES. Which will take you to either elevators or escalators. Take either up 1 level. Exit doors marked “CHARTER BUSES”. Your bus will be parked (parallel) outside.
Passengers must take the light rail to the Terminal 1 Transit Center. Follow the signs for GREEN RAMP/TAXIS/CHARTER BUSES. Exit doors marked “CHARTER BUSES”. Your bus will be parked (parallel) outside.
Metro Express FAQs
What's the refund policy?
- All Northfield Lines/Northfield Metro EXPRESS internet tickets are non refundable.
- Northfield Lines will not be responsible for delays caused by breakdowns, road conditions, weather, or other conditions beyond the carriers’ control.
- Northfield Lines will not be responsible for lost or stolen tickets.
- Tickets are non-transferable and, if presented for transportation by any person other than the one for whom originally purchased, will be void and may be confiscated by a Northfield Lines agent or authorized employee of any bus carrier over which the ticket is issued.
- Northfield Lines is not responsible for Tickets that are undeliverable, not received, or delivered to incorrect addresses due to inaccurate delivery information provided by customer, including physical and e-mail addresses.
- For additional information please call 651-203-8888 between 8am and 5pm Central Time on weekdays.
How can I change my ticket?
Ticket credits are only valid for six (6) months after date of purchase after which they will expire and no longer be good for travel.
Tickets cannot be changed after the scheduled departure time has passed. Please call our office and speak to an agent or leave a message if you would like to cancel or change your ticket.
I tried to purchase my ticket online and I think I was charged twice?
It’s important to note that a transaction declined for Address Verification Service (AVS) or Card Code Verification (CCV) by the payment gateway has still been approved by the card issuing bank, meaning the requested funds will be placed on hold, thereby reducing the customer’s available credit.
This is not an actual charge to the credit card and the bank will release the funds back to the card after the authorization expires (usually within two weeks but up to one month depending on the credit card issuing bank).
If requested, a hold can potentially be voided by contacting the customer’s credit card issuing bank.
Where's the bus?
How do I ride?
- Riding with Northfield Metro EXPRESS is easy: Call our office at 651-203-8888 or visit our website to find a route that fits your need.
- Arrive 5 minutes early to board your bus. Our buses run on-time, so don’t be late! The bus WILL NOT wait for you! Sit back and enjoy the ride.
- Our coach buses offer free Wi-Fi.
- No loud music is allowed on the bus – use headphones.
- Listen for stop announcements and exit the bus at your stop.
Catching the bus
PLEASE BE READY 5 MINUTES BEFORE SCHEDULED DEPARTURE.
The bus will NOT wait for you if you are late!
How do I pay the Fare?
- How to Pay the Fare Pre-pay online by going to https://webstore.northfieldlines.com.
- Show the driver your boarding pass when entering the bus.
- Cash: Give bills or coins to the driver. Pay exact fare.
- Change is not available.
- We are sorry, but our credit card payment system does not accept credit or debit cards from outside the United States. If you would like to purchase a ticket using a foreign credit card, you must call our office and arrange your transportation during office hours Monday – Friday 8-5pm.
What are the Fares?
- $14.00 One-Way -This fare is non-refundable and subject to $5.00 change fee.
- $25.00 One-Way – On-Site Purchase from Driver – This fare is non-refundable.
- $280.00 Twenty (20) One-Way punch pass, Expires after 60 days from purchase. (Must call office to purchase)
- $350.00 One Month Unlimited Commuter Pass (Must call office to purchase)
What about my baggage?
- 1st checked bag is free.
- 2nd checked bag will be charged $5.00.
- 3rd checked bag will be charged $5.00.
If you have not paid for your luggage in advance, you will be charged CASH at the door for unpaid baggage.
Agents/Drivers DO NOT accept credit cards or checks.
When and where does it stop at MSP?
We drop at the airport at 6:30am, 10:05am, 1:15pm, 3:43pm and 7:40pm.
We pick up at 7:35am, 11:25am, 1:15pm, 4:46pm and 7:40pm.
Friday nights we have an additional stop at 10:40pm.
On Saturdays and Sundays we drop at the airport at 11:07am and 4:07pm and pick up at 12:25pm and 5:25pm.
On Saturday nights we have an additional stop at 10:05pm.
The Northfield Metro EXPRESS bus picks-up and drops-off at the Airport Transit Station, which is located at the Terminal 1 (Lindbergh Terminal).
People needing to travel between MSP’s Terminal 2 (Humphrey) and Terminal 1 can do so via free Light Rail Transit (LRT) service.
Trains run between terminals around the clock, seven days a week, every 7 to 8 minutes during peak times and 10 to 15 minutes at other times of day.
Please visit www.metrotransit.org for more information regarding the Light Rail Transit service.
How do I get around the Metro area?
I want a private shuttle
Experience door-to-door service to and from the airport.
Call today to schedule your pick-up!
- To/From Northfield, MN: Upto Four (4) passengers – $105.00 one-way
- To/From Fairbault, MN: Upto Four (4) Passengers – $125.00 one-way
Northfield Lines offers premium motorcoach, charter and shuttle services in Minnesota and beyond! If you are looking to rent a charter bus to travel across town or across the nation, We’re the DRIVE behind Worry Free Travel.
Our large, diverse fleet of motorcoaches, minicoaches, Sprinters, school buses and mini vans are available for groups of all sizes. We offer a choice of vehicles and services tailored to meet any group’s transportation needs.
Daily routes between Northfield and the Twin Cities of Minneapolis & St. Paul. We stop at Mall of America, downtown Minneapolis, U of M, MSP Airport Terminal 1 & more! Commuting daily or just need an airport transfer? We'll get you there safely.
Northfield Lines on Social Media
Latest Twetter Feeds
Heads up for all Northfield Metro Express Riders!! (St. Olaf College, Carleton College, Northfield, Minnesota,... https://t.co/gCAb8BKti3
Welcome back Carleton College Students and St. Olaf College students! Thank you (all 1600 of ya!😮😯) for using... https://t.co/77R2czYIiw