COVID-19 Preparedness PlanCommitted to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all
COVID-19 Our Commitment to “Worry-Free” Travel
Northfield Lines Inc. is committed to providing a safe and healthy workplace for all our drivers and passengers. Our goal is to mitigate the potential for transmission of COVID-19 in our workplaces and communities, which requires full cooperation among our drivers, management and customers. Only through this cooperative effort can we establish and maintain the safety and health of our work places.
Management and drivers are responsible for implementing and complying with all aspects of this COVID-19 Preparedness Plan. Northfield Lines managers and supervisors are in full support in enforcing the provisions of this policy. Some of our policies regarding PPE and cleaning supplies will depend on if we are able to get those items depending on the supply chain. Our COVID-19 Preparedness Plans follows Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and Minnesota Department of Health (MDH) guidelines, federal OSHA standards related to COVID-19 and Executive Order 20-74, and addresses:
- Screening and policies for employees exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19
- Prevention measures
- Social distancing
- Cleaning and disinfecting
- Communications and training
Screening and policies for employees exhibiting signs and symptoms of COVID-19
Drivers have been informed of and encouraged to self-monitor for signs and symptoms of COVID-19. Northfield Lines will be taking driver’s temperature at the start of their charters. Any driver with a fever will be asked to return home and follow CDC guidelines for home isolation. Drivers with underlying medical conditions or family members that have underlying medical conditions will be asked to continue to stay home, until the CDC guidelines change. At our offices, we have signage up reminding drivers the signs and symptoms of COVID-19. If drivers have a fever, cough, or shortness of breath they will be asked to call into the office and let us know and stay home. Also, we are asking drivers to stay at home if a family member or household member is sick. Drivers will be educated on CDC guidelines for home isolation. Northfield Lines Inc. will document and be in contact with any driver that is on home isolation to make sure guidelines are followed and driver is fully ready to return to work.
Northfield Lines Inc. will inform the POC of the chartering group if any driver starts to show signs or has been in contact with someone exposed to COVID-19. Continuing our open communication and strong working relationship with our customers will be important to help in the prevention of the spread of COVID-19 in our shared workplace. It will be handled in a manner to protect the privacy of the workers’ health status and health information.
Basic infection prevention measures are being implemented at our workplaces at all times and as long as supply chain allows.
For Our Drivers
- Drivers will be instructed to wash their hands for at least 20 seconds with soap and water frequently, as possible, throughout the day, but especially at the beginning and end of their shift, prior any mealtimes and after using the toilet.
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for the drivers to use to frequently clean hands when water and soap is not available.
- Gloves will be provided for drivers to wear if they so choose, as long as supply is available.
- Tissues will be supplied in vehicles for the drivers for covering coughs and sneezes.
- Lined trashcan will be installed in the vehicles to discard used gloves, tissues and other trash.
- Eating will be prohibited in the vehicles.
- Drivers will avoid using the air recirculation button on the HVAC controls for the vehicles.
- As of July 25, 2020, per the Governor’s Executive Order 20-81, people in Minnesota are required to wear a face covering in all indoor businesses and public indoor spaces, unless alone. We will provide face coverings for our drivers to wear.
- Drivers will have in each vehicle cleaning and disinfectant spray or disposable wipes, so drivers can disinfect frequently touched surfaces in the vehicle throughout the day. We are asking drivers at a minimum to disinfect their vehicle at the beginning and end of their shifts.
For Our Passengers
- Allow the driver to open and close the doors of the vehicle to limit touching surfaces.
- Avoid close contact with other passengers.
- Cover your cough and sneezes, and then dispose the tissue after exiting the vehicle.
- CDC recommends that passengers wear cloth face coverings; we highly recommend wearing a mask. As of July 25, 2020, per the Governor’s Executive Order 20-81, people in Minnesota are required to wear a face covering in all indoor businesses and public indoor spaces, unless alone.
- After leaving vehicle, please consider washing your hands and avoid touching your face.
- No food or drink is allowed in the vehicles at this time.
According to the CDC one of the main methods of stopping the spread of the virus is by the means of social distancing. We are asking the passengers to load the vehicles by starting in the rear, filling in first the rear of the vehicle, then in a zig zag direction moving towards the front of the bus. It will be in reverse for unloading, starting in the front and going to the rear of the bus.
Cleaning and Disinfect
The vehicles will be cleaned from our morning cleaning staff and also from the drivers before and at the end of each shift at the minimum. We will also ask drivers to clean their vehicles during their shift times if they feel a wipe down of the more trafficked areas are needed. The areas of focus when cleaning the vehicles will be hard surfaces around areas the passengers are sitting, like cup holders, seat belt buckles, arm rests, hand rails, driver cock pit area (steering wheel, 2 way radio, radio controls, HVAC controls, and etc.) and seats. As per the EPA, CDC, Car and Driver, and Kelly Blue Book, the best methods for cleaning are soap and water with microfiber cloth and disinfectant wipes or spray. Each vehicle will have spray bottles with soap and water, microfiber cloths and disinfectants wipes or spray (depending on supply chain). Northfield Lines will use any type of soap and water combination to make sure areas are cleaned before disinfecting areas. We will use Lysol disinfectant wipes and Windex disinfectant cleaner to disinfect the inside of our vehicles.
Communications and Training
This Preparedness Plan was communicated via email and in driver meetings to ALL drivers and the necessary training was provided. Additional communication and training will be ongoing through our company emails, signage postings and meetings. All drivers must receive the proper training and communications regarding COVID-19 before driving any charter. We will have signage in our vehicles for reminders on COVID-19 that are provided from the CDC. Managers and supervisors are to monitor how effective the program has been implemented by talking with our drivers. Management and drivers are to work through this new program together and update training as necessary. The COVID-19 Preparedness Plan has been certified by Northfield Lines Inc. management and is a working document that will be updated as necessary as we continue to educate ourselves using CDC and MDH guidance.
Bryce H Barry
General Manager Northfield Lines Inc.
What We Do
Airport Transfers are our specialty, so with Northfield Lines you always start & end your trip in confidence. We provide quality and reliable transportation for groups of all sizes to and from Minneapolis – St. Paul International Airport. We'll get you there on time, every time!
Athletic Teams of every kind – collegiate, high school, youth, club, semi and professional sports teams – have all relied on our superior transportation services. These teams have trusted Northfield Lines to provide the best transportation for their athletes!
All great conventions & meetings surely must begin with great ground transportation - gotta get people to the big event after all! Great care and attention is given to organizing the convention itself, so why shouldn’t the same be true of the charter bus transportation!
When it comes to corporate events, it always pays to have more productive time. When you travel with Northfield Lines your travel time becomes productive work time! With our great onboard amenities, a charter bus can become your mobile boardroom!
Let Northfield Lines transport your Church & Civic Groups to and from your meetings in comfort & safety! Our large, diverse fleet of high-quality charter buses is ready for any group size and activity. Quality transportation for church retreats, picnics, youth camps and more!
Northfield Lines understands the need for convenience and punctuality at work. Our employee shuttles are specifically designed for your workplace travel. We’ll get your employees to & from their destinations promptly and in comfort, leaving them refreshed and ready to go!
When you travel with Northfield Lines for private outings you are made to feel that little bit extra special. The quality of our charter buses and corporate shuttles tells you we care. For all private outings – sightseeing, shopping trips with pals, or anything else – we have you covered!
Weddings are among the most special days in people’s lives, and we know you want everything to go perfectly. Well, Northfield Lines has the staff, the drivers, and the vehicles to make it happen! No matter the size of your wedding, we've got it covered! Enjoy your big day!
The men and women of the United States Military provide such a great service to our nation, Northfield Lines is proud to provide our transportation services for them. Our professional Motor Coach Operators provide unconditional excellence that every passenger deserves.